Today’s beautiful wedding comes from a Swish List favorite vendor a wedding photographer from Brisbane. Nick has an eye for capturing all those special moments that truly make the wedding unforgettable for the couple and their family alike. Nick was recommended to Jaclyn and Christopher by The Swish List! Watch this beautiful story unfold:
I thought I would also drop some advice for couples getting married soom while you’re still here! Budgeting.
Budgeting for a wedding is not only essential, but it’s also a great way to keep track of your spending. Unfortunately, some items in the planning process can be pricey. In most areas of planning your big day, you can find ways to cut down on costs. But don’t worry, you can still have a beautiful and elegant wedding without having to spend your entire life savings.
You can easily save thousands of dollars by tweaking a few areas of the wedding.
Some ideas and tips are:
* Check out local bridal shops and boutiques. Some have great dresses at very low prices. While you’re there, ask if that shop has trunk shows. If they do – grab your wedding gals and go try on dresses! You can easily get beautiful designer dresses at about 80% off! Instead of paying about $300 per dress, each girl will only pay about $60 or so. Not a bad deal!
* Save money on decorations, flowers and transportation fees by having your ceremony and reception at the same place. Parks, beaches, banquet halls, hotels, and a relative or friends house are all perfect for both! This also saves your guests from having to travel between each part of your wedding. You may be able to work out a discounted rate at the location for having both the ceremony and reception at the same place. Again…saving money!
* Check out department stores or local dress shops for a wedding dress. A simple white, cream or ivory dress can also make a beautiful, simple and elegant wedding dress! For about $100 or less – you’ve got yourself a perfect dress for your big day. That beats the $3500 designer dress you saw in the bridal magazine!
* Check your local dollar stores for items that don’t need to be expensive. Items such as netted circles for favors, miniature frames for table numbers, balloons for decoration, and candles for table decoration can easily be found. Most favors can be made by your friends and family. Make a night out of it – invite the girls over and put on some coffee and a chick flick. You will have tons of fun and accomplish a wedding task all at the same time!
* Check freelance websites such as CraigsList.com for photographers willing to work for either a very low fee or sometimes FREE! You may find a photographer looking to build their portfolio. If this is the case, you may be able to get their services for almost nothing (compare that to about $1500 or more for a professional!). You can also ask friends and relatives to take photos for you. Not only will it be free – but they will feel as if they were an important part of your special day.
* For Fall/Autumn weddings, instead of paying a fortune for floral centerpieces, try using apples, pumpkins, corn stalks, or gourds as an alternative. You can make beautiful arrangements with these colorful selections. Summertime is a perfect time to use lemons or oranges in large vases of water. They make every table beautiful! Flowers can easily run about $1000 or more depending on your selection – the cost adds up to centerpieces, decorations, and bouquets. By knocking out the centerpieces, you knock out about half the cost!
* Why not make your own cakes? You can easily make a layer cake with strawberries in between the layers with homemade buttercream icing. You can also buy inexpensive cake decorating supplies and create a beautiful cake. Even making a bunch of cupcakes and creating a “cupcake wedding cake” is a fun and creative idea. Arrange cupcakes to look like a layered wedding cake. Your guests will love it! Professional made wedding cakes can run a few hundred dollars. For under $100, you can make your own!
Hopefully, these ideas are helpful and spark some other creative ideas for you to save money on your wedding day. Remember to keep organized and stick to your budget so you can relax and enjoy your precious day!