Pretty in pink- a charming and sweet summer wedding extravaganza in Niagara-on-the-Lake!
The guests were from out of town and came for the weekend to celebrate with the couple at Queen’s Landing and the Pillar and Post ... a great choice with so much to do in the area-golf, wineries, excellent dining, bike paths, theatre, etc.
Swish List wedding vendors that made this wedding day fabulous:
Wedding Photography: Nataschia Wielink Photo + Cinema
Wedding Venue: Vintage Hotels (Queen’s Landing and Pillar and Post)
Wedding Hair and Makeup: Allure Hair and Makeup
Decor: Simply Beautiful
Sweets Table: Candy by Katie
Lynn and Michael had been dating for over four years before getting married on an early summer’s eve in lovely Niagara-on-the-Lake wine country. For the proposal, Michael planned a “surprise” vacation to New York right before Christmas 2 years earlier. In their room at the Plaza Hotel, he got down on one knee and asked Lynn to marry him. She burst into tears right away and said yes!
View all the delicious pictures and the wonderful love story over on the WedLuxe Magazine blog.
What could be finer than a wonderful winter wedding in charming Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario!?!?!?
We love the idea of a winter wedding ... it’d be so romantic, especially in Niagara-on-the-Lake ... especially at the Vintage Hotels!!!
A large part of what makes ALLURE Hair and Makeup special is the luxury of time and convenience ... it’s about how you look AND how you feel. This short film gives you an inside look at what the ALLURE experience is all about!
To find out more about this film, check out Allure’s “Be Who You Want To Be” blog post on their site!
Filed Under» Featured Vendor Profiles,
Give us three words that best describe White Oaks.
Modern. Chic. Upscale.
What makes White Oaks stand out from other wedding venues?
The location and décor of White Oaks certainly sells itself ... but it’s our attention to detail and outstanding team give us the WOW factor!
What is the specialty at White Oaks?
Customization. While we do offer theme packages to help kick start the planning process, anything and everything can be customized to suit the desires of our couples. We take great pride in our flexibility.
Talk about trends for the season.
As far as colour goes, we’re seeing lots of Tiffany Blue around White Oaks this wedding season. Mini ‘treats’ are also very popular ... candy stations are all the rage! Tall multi-tier wedding cakes seem to be making a resurgence as well ... some boasting as many as 5 or 7 tiers!
What advice would you give couples investigating your services?
We suggest couples prepare specific questions to ask or a have vision in mind for their day. This helps to give the planner something to work with ... a jumping off point. Also, knowing your needs ... Do you have out of town guests that will require guest rooms? Will you need golf booked? A rehearsal dinner? Any special needs or dietary requests? The more information you can provide the better we can help!
What is the consultation process with your clients?
We’ll respond to a bride and groom’s inquiry and invite them to visit White Oaks for a face to face meeting with our wedding planner! We’ll give them a guided tour of the White Oaks property and discuss and address their needs, wants and overall vision for their wedding day.
During the booking process, everything is confirmed in writing to ensure a clear picture of the day is properly communicated. Referrals for specific vendors like flowers, cakes, entertainment etc. are also discussed.
As the wedding date grows closer, we’ll finalize any last minute details in a subsequent meeting.
Give us some detailed information on the key services provided at White Oaks.
We can host intimate weddings for 10 right up to 450 guests! With our beautiful hotel rooms, spa, amazing fitness club, Royal Niagara golf course and onsite restaurants (LIV and Play Urban Café), there is something for all guests to enjoy over the course of a wedding weekend. Guests of the bride and groom can stay at White Oaks on a special wedding room rate and no one needs to worry about driving home after all the fun! Bring your workout clothes or your tennis racquet and enjoy the gym to work off the wedding cake the next morning! Or treat yourself to a luxurious spa treatment and have a fabulous family breakfast in our award-winning LIV Restaurant!
Our wedding specialist holds your hand throughout the entire process, helping you to make special arrangements with other suppliers, overseeing the set up of your day and ensuring your vision becomes your dream wedding!
What do you wish you could do more often?
We’d love to be more involved in the total wedding celebration experience including engagement parties, bridal showers, bachelor and/or bridal party weekends to the rehearsal dinner and brunch the next day!
Talk about Niagara as a ‘destination’ wedding region. What brings your clients to Niagara?
Niagara is known as the wedding capital of the world for many reasons. It’s a very picturesque location ... which our couples are definitely looking for! Accompany this by the many attractions available for their guests ... such as Niagara Falls, local wineries, Shaw Festival Theatre, shopping and golf ... and our proximity to all of these options make for a great weekend getaway for everyone involved in the wedding whether it be the bride, the groom or their family and friends!
The historic Miller House is a clapboard building dating back to 1817 and has been recently loving restored and made available to clients of the Vintage Hotels as their newest private wedding ceremony location suitable for up to 200 guests!
The Miller House lays claim to an almost near complete survival of all it’s original individual elements. It’s finishes, along with it’s history, put it the highest heritage value in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario and Canada! The house’s stylistic modesty, with some traditional Georgian architecture speaks importantly about the state of life on the Niagara Frontier in the aftermath of the war of 1812.
The cute raised whitewashed gazebo was specifically created to offer a perfect backdrop for wedding ceremonies of varying traditions and sizes. As previously mentioned, the grounds are suitable for up to 200 wedding guests with complete seclusion on all sides.
1. You get to celebrate one of the biggest days of your life surrounded by people who love you and who you connect with in your daily life!
2. You’ll be more relaxed on your wedding day. You’re surrounded by friends and family so you’ll feel more at home.
3. You can splurge. Couples often choose to keep their guest list smaller so they can pull out all the stops and have a truly lavish wedding ... not necessarily because their budgets are small!
4. You’ll have more options when choosing from one of the many wedding venues in Niagara. Since you won’t need an extra large wedding venue to accommodate a ton of guests, there are many more intimate Niagara wedding venues, Niagara wineries and luxe Niagara wedding reception facilities available to you! Many wedding venues in Niagara, such as boutique wineries, offer unique spaces suitable for intimate wedding ceremonies and chic receptions!
5. A smaller wedding allows you more freedom in planning and gives you the opportunity to get your creative juices flowing and make your Niagara wedding celebration a reflection of the two of you.
6. You get to spend time with each of your guests. With a smaller guest list, the bride and groom can spend time with each of their guests, making them feel more welcome and valued.
7. Guests will also have a more enjoyable time at your Niagara wedding reception, celebrating with you and the other guests! Chances are that many of your guests will know one another and have a better chance to connect with the others.
8. Your wedding will be memorable! Whether you’re hosting a Niagara on the Lake winery wedding reception, celebrating a Niagara vineyard wedding ceremony or anything in between, you can be sure that there’s a wedding venue in Niagara that will ‘wow’ you and your guests!
A beautiful Niagara wedding, shot by one of our favorite Swish List photogs, Stephen Dominick. How lovely!
Bethan + Adam were married in an afternoon wedding ceremony at Stamford United Church in Niagara Falls with cocktails and an evening reception following in Canada’s Prettiest Town, the lovely Niagara-on-the-Lake.